MV AB cables are highly reliable and insulation has been developed to withstand extreme cold and intense sunlight. Disturbance and faults occur five to ten times more often in open wires lines than in AB cable lines. There is no risk in touching the live cable and the insulation reduces the number of short circuits and overvoltage faults in overhead cables during thunderstorms. Few hardware accessories are needed which are different for different size of cables. Streets can be lit only at little extra cost by using the cable that have an extra conductor for lighting. The cable can be supplied with one or two insulated conductors for street lighting.
- In electricity theft prone areas.
- As placement of bare lines in rural areas & narrow streets with limited space.
- As placement of bare lines where reliabilities of power supply is of prime importance.
- In hilly terrains where cost of erection of overhead lines or underground cable becomes very high.
- As reinforcement of existing system with increase in voltage/current carrying capacity.
- For temporary supplies.
In comparison with bare overhead distribution line, AB cable has very high reliability in maintaining services because power and neutral conductors are insulated with the best dielectric, resulting in the following advantages:
- Less fault rate on account of good protection against line and group faults by high winds, falling trees or birds specially in hilly areas and forests encountered in rural distribution networks.
- High insulation resistance to earth in all seasons. Negligible leakage of current and low losses.
- Multiplexer circuits of power and telephone cables could be in the same set of poles.
- Better adaptability while laying besides an existing overhead bare conductor system without any interference.
- High capacitance and low inductance leading to low impedance of lines.
- Lower Voltage drop, Higher current carrying capacity vis-a-vis better voltage regulation.
- Longer Span and Longer distance lines are possible with better system stability.
- AB Cable are more safer than bare cable.
- It can be laid in dense vegetation and forests.
- Additional Connection can be easily and quickly made with hot line connectors.
- Overall lines cost reduction.
- Maintenance is very convenient.
- Very difficult to tap aerial bunched cables, thus reducing theft which leads to lower distribution losses.
- Since the tension from the current carrying conductor is totally removed by introduction of messenger wire the operating temperature of conductor is 90'C as against 75'C therefore allowing AB Cable to carry current equivalent to that of the same size.
MV AB cables manufactured by Dynamic Cables meets the requirements of all international standards like ASTM, BS, IEC, NFC, etc.
We can manufacture & supply MV AB cables on Non-returnable wooden/steel reels or Returnable steel reels.